On the 7th April 2014, commemorating the World Health Day, took place in Brussels the One Health Conference advocating that “prevention is better than cure”. It came with a sort of conclusions including, among others:
- the recognition of the interlinked health and well being of people and animals.
- the need to a global strategic approach.
- the education of health professionals about this concept.
- the need to have international policies and standards for disease prevention and control.
- the enforce of the existing tools among EU Member States on the detection, surveillance, control and monitoring of health risks in animal and people.